I’ve had a list of things to blog about…which are magically going to condense into this singular post. Ready, set, go!
1. Abby enjoyed playing soccer for the first time this fall. She received the “Best Rookie” award.
2. I had my first kidney stone. It was unpleasant. For 4 days. And then I woke up the next day and it didn’t hurt anymore. Anti-climatic for sure. I also found out that I have another one, just hanging out in my kidney, waiting for the best time to torture me. So that’s something to look forward to. The best part of the whole experience was when one of my children asked, “So, have you farted out your birthstone yet?” Forget the goose who laid the golden egg, my kidney manufactures rubies!
3. We finally went camping. Unfortunately, we chose the coldest, windiest weekend of the fall thus far. It was in the 40s and 50s and the wind just blew and blew. Because it was so windy, we couldn’t build a fire to huddle about for warmth. Y’all, it was COLD in that tent. Of course, every day since has been beautiful and warm and calm. But the campground was very nice and the kids had a great time. We’ll go back…but next time we’ll check the weather before we leave!
4. Halloween! Since Emma has been obsessed with High School Musical for the past few months, she decided to dress as Gabriella (the lifeguard outfit from HSM2). Abby wanted to be a pioneer girl, like Kirsten Larson from the American Girl book. We bought a bonnet, I managed to make an apron, and she wore the outfit we got for her to wear to the Bell School last year.
Every year, a family on our street pulls a group of neighborhood kids around on a trailer (like a hay ride) so they can all trick or treat together. This is our 3rd Halloween here (wow!) so the girls knew it was coming, and were thrilled to join in the fun this year. (Wayne went with them.) It does look like fun, doesn’t it?
5. We’ve been involved with a homeschool co-op this fall. Tonight was Art Night, where all their work for the semester was displayed. My kids are definitely better artists than I am!
And now you’re all caught up!